Friday, March 18, 2016

Tasting - Castello Sonnino

Castello Sonnino

Chianti Montespertoli
2010
Sale Price $8.95
Chianti, Italy


Winery Review: A blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano and Malvasia del Chianti. Rich and modern, with a dark, saturated color and aromas of graham cracker and lemon rind. A juicy palate packed with plum and raspberry is carried by a creamy texture that’s rather toasty in terms of flavor. The finish is round, full and chocolaty.


My Review: The color of this wine was a dark ruby red. It smelled like dried leaves and had a sharp floral smell. The taste of this wine was very full of acid and took me by surprise at first. I didn't like the sharpness of the acid and the fruit. It left a film that coated my mouth after I swallowed and I didn't like the oily texture.




No comments:

Post a Comment