Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tasting - Dynamite

Dynamite

Sauvignon Blanc
Lake County, California
$5.95 Sale Price

Wine Critic Review: http://www.wineskinny.com/wine-review-archive/archive-united-states/archive-usa-california/archive-usa-california-sauvignonfume-blanc/

I will start by saying that I am in no way an expert at wine tasting or smelling. As my first experience with wine tasting, I was extremely out of my depth and spent most of the time at the counter eyeing the helpful chart they had to describe what I was smelling and tasting as I tried each wine. The Dynamite Sauvignon Blanc was one of my least favorite of the night but it wasn't terrible. 

The first whiff I got was of fruit. There was an almost sharp grapefruit or some other citrus fruit smell. The smell was completely different from the taste however. While it smelled sweet and fruit, on first taste there was a tangy and slightly bitter bite to it. I did not like the final finish as it left an acidy aftertaste in my mouth. 

I did not have this wine with food, and I think if I had, it would have changed the flavor possibly completely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment